Govt. Higher Secondary School,South Ezhippuram situated in the small village called Mecherimukal in Vazhakulam Panchayath of Ernakulam district. It started as a Lower Primary School in 1956 and completed the golden jubilee in 2006. Now it is a Higher Secondary School with more than 800 students.
The history of this school is not very glorious. It was a school with
poor infrastructure and many other limitations . The school is situated at a remote place, 4 km far from the main road and students and staff are compelled to walk thatdistance . 90% of the students are from the backward(financially & socially) community.
In the year 2005 the school has started a revolutionary change. The
dedicated teachers, non teaching staff and PTA joined together for the developmentof the school and raised the accademic standard. In the accademic year 2006 theschool has achieved 100% result in SSLC examination . The only govt school in the ernakulam district to achieve this .it could maintain the success during the following years.
The activities that helped to achieve a good accademic standard
- The perfect implementation of new education system/ syllabus.
- Continuous evaluations
- Adoption of students
- Monthly Class PTA
- Extra time to share learning experience
- Food distribution
- Home visits
As a result of this progress, the Govt and other agencies recognised
our school as one of the among Govt School and offerd financial support and otherfacilities for the welfare of the school . .
- Selected as smart school among the five smart schools in the state.
- The school participated in'Haritha Vidyalayam Reality Show' condected byIT@school and SCERT
- UNESCO TEAM visited the school to study ICT enabled education.
- School received MATHRUBHUMI “ SEED AWARD”
- The school has awarded as the best govt school by the district panchayath.
- M L A awards (3 times)
- Stalin Club Award
- AVT Company SSLC Awardschool has received the enviornmental-energy protection award,sponserd by WONDERLLA AMUSMENT PARK
- Golden jubilee memorial arch
- New buildings
- Fully electrified class rooms
- 2 Computer Labs
- Fully fledged library come reading room with more than 20,000 books & CDs
- Kids Lab for LP students
- Multimedia Room
- Clean toilets
- Staff room, Office room, toilets for staff
- Sound System and Stage curtain
- Play ground.
Contains more than 200 CD's of different subjects.
IT Club Activities
- Screened the documentary (Prakritiyileku Nammalileku) (against the environmental atta …..)with the co-operation of Nature club & Science clubvictors channel
- Produced a documentary about our school entitled “Ente Kochu VidyalayavumValiya Viseshavum”
- Hardware Musuem
- Television facility in all class room, victors channel is available
- PrathibaVision News Channel
- E- mail ID for all high school students
- School own website
- Mouse maintenance
Health and Hygein
Our school premises is pollution free and offers a healthy atmosphere
for the students.
- Sufficient availability of water:-
A well with clear water and borwell, .
- Beautiful garden
- Herbal garden, biogas plant
- Everyday lunch,milk & egg distribution and 'sadhya' on special occasion
- 'Sandwanam Sahayanidhi' for all the financially backward children around2 lakh has already spend through this project
- Club activities
- Eco-friendly school, plastic free campus – the moto of our school
- Nature support rally, Tablo, Seminars and awairness programmes.
- Active participation in seed project other projects like “Madhuram Malayalam”, “Velicham” and “ente pathram”
- Active participation in sports and sports and youthfestivel